Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Please Hold. Someone will be with you shortly.

Trying to limit this activity is hard!
Well Basil is on rest for a month so no agility training until he gets the all-clear from his vet.  He's been having some on and off lameness with his back legs for about 6 weeks and I got him looked at.  Turns out his left hip is coming in and out of socket randomly which is causing his right side to overcompensate and creates lameness.  Thankfully he isn't showing any signs of hip dysplasia - I don't know how that happens but it is what it is.  So he's on Rimadyl and a joint supplement every day until he gets checked out again.  Crossing my fingers we'll be back in April and we might be able to make a May night trial before the season is over. 

Keeping a corgi "calm" is kind of hard when we're talking about Basil who loves to run.  He's the corgi that gets chased around the yard by Bernie and instigates the chasing games. 

So of course I'm worried about that since we both love to do agility together and I don't want to give that up.  If it ends up being too painful of course I won't do it anymore but I'm hoping we can get it fixed so he can continue to play agility with me.

In other news, I'm just gearing up for the cruise that we leave on in less than two weeks.  Trying to get all my laundry done and get the suitcases out so I can start packing and organizing everything.   I'll have to do a batch of Bernie's food early so the boarding place has enough on hand for her meals.  Since Basil is on meds I'll have to pack that also.  Poor Byron thinks he is missing out when he doesn't get special meds in the morning, all he gets is kibble.

So pretty much it has been work, dogs, quilting and trying to keep the house from falling down around my ears lately.  I need a break.  Here are some videos in case you've missed them:










1 comment:

  1. Wow! The one with the ball looks like you're all set to get going with treiball. I'm sorry to hear about Basil's hip problems. Good luck with keeping him resting for the next month. I hope that will help fix him up!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, LOVE comments! Leave me anything. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...