Friday, April 22, 2011

Basil Agility Videos - NADAC Trial from February


These are videos from Basil's last agility trial in February 2011.  I finally got them! It makes me sad to know we won't compete or do agility again but I'm glad to have the memories of the fun we did have together on film so I can watch and enjoy. 

Basil was kind of over Start Line Stays for this run and just decided to go. He was a little stressed out at that ring due to the amount of activity going on in the parking lot adjacent. Missed his weave entrance but got it the second time (we were still working on off-side weaves). He was pulling to tunnels the entire course and took two off courses. I got good speed and he did many obstacles for me before we were finished so I was happy with that.

I got a fantastic start line stay and good distance on the first gamble line. Then I forgot my course and had to turn him around and he got a bit of the zoomies. Some nice rear crosses in here too. After our first off-course I just had fun out there trying to get the best distance I could knowing I already NQ'd.

Another great start line stay! We actually received a qualifying score on this run. I made a mistake pushing too much into him at the hoop after the clear tunnel so he shot past and I had to do a circle to get him through again. He had a great discrimination at the Dog Walk entrance and didn't pull to the clear tunnel. I was so proud! We had great speed on the closing. This was such a fun run to do.

Great start line stay on this run too! I signaled for a rear cross too late so had to double back and get that jump in the middle. On the very last jump Flying Arm Syndrome kicked in and he ran past it due to my bad flying arm. :( It was such a great run though.

I had to do a running start because he just wasn't listening to me at the start line. Something had him a bit spooked. I managed to get my send to the clear tunnel before he ran off. It was the parking lot distraction again. Then he came back at full Basil speed and I got my distance on the discrimination between the clear tunnel and the dog walk entrance! I was so excited. He was speedy on this run.

He was tired so I knew I wasn't gonna get a start line stay. This was the last run of the weekend so I decided to do a running start and see how it went. Once I caught up to him at tunnel 3 we were doing good. He got a qualifying score in this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, LOVE comments! Leave me anything. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...