Today begins the interview process that might culminate with a move to Virginia.
There are a lot of "what ifs" in that scenario before a move would be decided but it is fun to think that it is a possibility. Truth be told, I'm ready to move out of Florida. The heat is just awful and while home prices may be low, property taxes and sales taxes look like they are going to continue to increase. IT jobs in the area are few and far between so it has been difficult for my husband to find a good company to work at. I'm itching to go somewhere new.
We've moved three times in the last five years. I've gotten a little better with each move. A cross country move does make me a bit nervous but I think we can handle it. The biggest thing I'm concerned about is selling the house. We would have to do a few things to get it ready for sale (adding grass back into the backyard where the dogs have worn a trail to the favorite squirrel tree) but I don't think it would be so much that it wouldn't sell at all. Our neighbor across the street sold his house in September for 195,500. It was on the market a few months though I believe.
Anyhooo.... will be interesting to hear how the phone interview goes this afternoon and if they will be flying him up for an in person interview. I hope so.