Saturday, January 1, 2011

More Photos from Tallahassee Trip

I was finally able to give my mom her gift I've been working on.  She liked it!


Byron spent most of the week sleeping on it and breaking it in for her.  Hopefully it will get years of good use as a warm lap quilt.  I had fun making it.


On Tuesday Dad and I went to see Tron in IMAX 3D.  I'd already experienced it here in 3D the weekend it came out but he hadn't watched it yet.  It was really fun to watch in IMAX.  I like the film and I liked the first one a lot too.  The music is awesome!


Wednesday morning Mom and I went to a quilt show at the Museum of Florida History (go to my quilting blog to see the photo slideshow of that) and that afternoon Dad took me shooting.


When I lived in Tallahassee I was a member of the private gun club and would regularly go on the weekends to do some target practice.  I also competed a few times in the rimfire silhouette competitions they have once a month.  I miss doing that.  It is impossible to do without regularly practicing so I don't go to any of them down here.  Lots of fun!


Some photos from the shooting that we did:



And now I'm home with lots of housework and other things to catch up on.  Not looking forward to going back to work on Monday.  Seems like the time off has just flown by.  Hope this year is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, LOVE comments! Leave me anything. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...